Thursday, August 22, 2013

Treasured Finds: Gorgeous French Fans

I promised you some treasures last week, so I hope I don't disappoint.

My beautiful french fans arrived this week. They are so delicate and not in the best condition and I just love them. They are hand painted on very fine mesh and sit atop gorgeous carved wooden handles.

To keep them out of the way and to prevent more damage, I looped a stitch over the wooden handles onto an open frame that I has earlier backed with an old coffee sack. I am sure they would look beautiful if professionally framed and behind glass, but I am happy with this setup for the moment. They look right at home with my other french pieces, don't you think?







Have you found any treasures lately?

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of the week whatever you have planned. Tam x

3 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

They are beautiful but look so fragile ... I love how you have mounted them ... they have been saved!!
M x

vintageandart said...

Oh Tam they're just beautiful, their shabby fragility almost makes your heart ache...Yes they DO look amazing with all your Frenchy treasures.
Have a fantastic weekend won't you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tam, they look divine. They fit in so nicely in your home. Pam x