Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Treasure Tuesday: Wayang Puppets and Other Things

I took a quick trip out at lunch today, I wasn't sure what state the tip shop would be in after the road closure due to all the rain and flooding we have been having. It was a little light on but I did manage to come away with a few things after spending a whole $8.

I have quite an eclectic taste and this was definitely up my alley. It is a hand carved wooden Wayang Golek Rod Puppet from Indonesia. I like that fact that it is chippy and faded and missing bits and pieces.























I also found some Coronation sheet music which I have framed. Its quite fitting with the timing of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in June, marking 60 years of reign.






















My most favourite find and in keeping with the Mr's Clown collection, this educational training clock was found in the tool section...that's why you have to look everywhere!























I'll leave you with The Man with the Magnetk Eyes, how cool is this cover!

Back soon with more finds, my new collections (do I have a problem??) and some inspirations for our home extension which is currently in the brain stage. Enjoy your week, T x

12 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Is the house extensions because of the growing collections?? ha ha. I love the clock and I have my own bali puppet but it's pinocchio! xxx

Flotsam said...

I love that puppet, what artistry has gone into it. I am sorry to hear about all the flooding you have been experiencing. It hasn't been covered as much as it was last year; I suppose the crisis in the Middle East has pushed it off top slot.

There is one thing which made me jump - those magnetic eyes - not sure about that one at all!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Hi Tamara, I do like your wayang puppet. I bought one for a friend many years ago when we were in Bali and Java but not one for myself. I've got an Indian one though. Lovely finds and looking forward to seeing your collection. And, no, you do not have a problem. Collect away! xx

Hello Vintage said...

Wow, some really interesting things there. The puppet is amazing! Oh goodness, extensions. Just don't do what we are doing and do the inside yourself!! Three and a half months and only the painting has been done!!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Tam....NICE finds Lovey....I think the Magnetic Eyes guy might scare little people though....hahahaha....!!

Take care,
Tamarah :o)

theromanticrose said...

Originali questi oggetti!Ciao Tamara!Baci,Rosetta

polkadotpeticoat said...

You always find the coolest love the clock and the magnetic eyes spooky indeed!!

Miss Simmonds Says said...

fantstic finds! I love the puppet. Magnetic eyes is pretty hilarious!

Lisa @ .Simply Me. said...

If you have a problem, so do I :) I often wonder this myself, as my Mum thinks I do... LOL

Lisa @ .Simply Me. said...

Oh and... forgot to say, the giveaway prize arrived :) thanks so much I LOVE IT ALL!!! I just need to find the time to photograph and blog about it now - I promise it will be soon!

simmone said...

It's a lovely problem you have Tam!

Jayne Barket Lyons said...

Howdy ~ Very interesting finds! Love the clown training clock!