Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fair Dinkum Mate!


Photo credit Kath and Kim are coming to the big screen soon :)

I have, what you would call, a broad Australian accent. So I have decided to try and refine my speech before our holiday.

On the way to work this morning, I was quite insulted when Mr T likened me to ‘Kath and Kim’. I’d like to think I am more Kim than Kath..hehehe. I have a particular way of saying the number nine; I say ‘Noiyne’ and draw the sound out a bit. Right, I’ll show him, so I shortened it to the proper pronunciation and then he was like ‘What?’ he couldn’t understand me at all…hahaha

I’ll never forget the one day while buying some paint at Bunnings, I was talking to the guy behind the counter while it was mixing, and he asked if I was English; being English himself. I was like ‘What?? No, but my mum is’. I told my mum, who nearly fell off her chair in laughter, as she always says that I speak as rough as guts and I sound like I am from the outback.

So today, I am going to try to sound less like ‘Kath and Kim’, and more like the Queen.

The Rain in Spain……

6 comments:

petals and vintage said...

How Now Brown Cow! Just be yourself Ms T. When you get back there it will all come back to you.....how to speak properly that is. Heheheh :) :) Pam x

A Treasured Past said...

@Bayside Rosehehehe, it lasted all of ten minutes and I back to normal :)

Lyndel said...

ten minutes? sure it wasn't only noiyne minutes?♥

A Treasured Past said...

@LyndelOh Lyndel, you crack me up!!!

Nearly there Claire said...

Ha ha! I eventually ended up reading your post in my head with my very bestest roughest Ozzy acccent. Probably sounded nothing like one but it made me laugh. xxx

Heidi said...

To cute.....sultry voices are always good singers. do you sing?