Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Junking Makeovers: Bottle Cap Xmas Wreath



I was cleaning out the kitchen draw today and removed a gazillion beer bottle caps that Mr T had stuffed in there, apparently he was saving them for me for craft projects...yeah right! But hang on, I have used them for a craft project..hehe.

I decided to make a xmas wreath because I could easily do it with one hand. I found a styrofoam ring that I had covered with tinsel last year (we made a chocolate covered red and green frog lolly wreath, Delish!) so that was easy.

Then I hot glue gunned the tops on, in the process I burnt my fingers to billyoh! I am going to hang it on the front door, Mr T thinks it looks pov (ie bad) and that people will think that we are bogans, but I think it looks pretty.







Only 44 days til Christmas!!! Are you getting ready???

Don't forget to join me on Friday for another Friday Favourites :)

6 comments:

I_Made_This said...

Hi Tamara
looks like my last post did not work, hope this one does. what an amazing wreath. so Aussie i love it
barbara :-)

nato said...

Hello Tamara, thanks for passing by. and your wreath look lovely, actually i like it a lot.

A Treasured Past said...

@I_Made_This Hi Barbara, thanks for popping over and becoming my newest follower:)Much appreciated, Tamara

A Treasured Past said...

@nato Thanks Nato, Tamara

NessaKnits said...

I think that is about the coolest Christmas wreath I have ever seen ... though it may say "I'm keeping the breweries in business..." LOVE IT.

A Treasured Past said...

Hi NessaKnits,

hehe, I think that is why my hubby doesn't like it too much..it reminds him of all the beers he has downed..over a long period of time, of course :)

Thanks for popping by and becoming my newest follower...and we are near by?? You are around Bansktown? I lived in Richmond for a few years many years ago.

Gunning is a lovely place, is that where your cousins farm is?

Have a lovely day, Tamara