Friday, October 26, 2012

Vintage Dresses

I know that many of you are lovers of vintage dresses, whilst I do not wear vintage anymore (not that anything would fit me), I do like to collect pieces to add to my little collection.

I remember spending lots of time at my Grans in a big cardboard box in her spare room. I would dress up in her old slips and dresses. There was one dress in particular that was my favourite. I still have it. It was handmade like many were in those days (mum dates this one to the early 60's), and made of the most glorious blue crushed velvet. It has two small diamonte buttons that hang from the neckline. The pictures below do not do it justice.



Don't forget to join Kylie and Donna for the Retro Cook Off on the 4th November!

Enjoy the weekend, thanks for passing by. Back with more of my vintage dresses soon. Tam x

7 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the dress and what great memories it has for you.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

*Maristella* said...

Hi Tamara.
Moooolto vintage questo abito, ma anche la stoffa con rose che sta dietro รจ deliziosissima!!
Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

Flotsam said...

This dress just goes to show ho things come round again. I would wear this out in Bath (should it fit, of course). Beautiful.

Kylie said...

It's a beautiful frock Tam. Do you hang it where you can see it?
I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'd like to see a pic of you wearing one in fact! (I've just realised, I don't think I've ever seen a pic of you here...hint)
Thanks for mentioning our cook-off. Lovely of you x

vintageandart said...

Crushed velvet, sparkly buttons and such a gorgeous shade of blue...what more could a girl ask for in a frock...just let me know when youre having the "worst" cook in the world bake off...l should win that hands down:-))

Catherine said...

Ooh I always love velvet... but isn't it so difficult to photograph! So glad you've kept it. x0x0x

simmone said...

Wow was that your Nan's? She must have loved that.I have a pile of my mum's vintage dresses waiting for hubby to take pics of me(feeling chicken)