Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Muppets

We took the kids to see The Muppets movie today. We didn't realise that the kids weren't really familiar with the Muppets, I don't think they have been on TV for a while. The kids are too busy watching Horrible Histories, cartoons and Wife Swap..haha

I was flicking around last night and showed them the Mahna Manha song, which they loved and the Muppet rendition of the Bohemian Rhapsody (if you love Beaker like we do, its fantastic).

The movie was really fun, not as many laughs all the way through, but the barber shop quartet made my eyes run.....the music is written by Bret McKenzie from the Flight of the Conchords, so if you love them, you will be familiar with their humour.

All in all, it was a great family movie. It made us remember all the good bits about the Muppets and now the kids want to see more.

Did you grow up with the Muppets like we did? Who was your favourite? Mine was the Big Blue Monster, Beaker and later on Pepe the Prawn. Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think?

A few Muppet clips for a bit of fun, enjoy!









5 comments:

Hello Vintage said...

We love Beaker here too and the Swedish Chef (well we do, the kids wouldn't know the Muppets - lol). I had to stop the husband watching his movie to watch some of the clips. Love it!

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Hehe your post made me smile. I have fond memories of the Muppets. I remember when Fraggle Rock started & it never seemed as good as the Muppets. My fav character is good old Beaker too. I know someone who reminds me so much of him! Really enjoyed the clips so thanks for cheering me up. Xx

*Maristella* said...

Hi Tamara!
Molto divertenti i Muppet, io li adoro!!! Grazie ed un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

Unknown said...

Hi Tam, my nick name when I was growing up was Miss Piggy!!, I hated it.....but loved the muppets xx

polkadotpeticoat said...

My hubby took the kids and I think this generation has missed the whole Muppet experience like we had as kids.....The kids thought it was ok hubby said it was boring!