Saturday, July 9, 2011

Computer/Dining Room Makeover; Part 1



Now that the children are growing and our family has a need for more livable space, its time to redo our dining/computer/playstation 3 room. This is the room that India's friend thought was our garage..haha.

It seems to be a catchall at times (hence that mess all over the table) and is quite full of stuff. The said stuff shall be moved to another area (mostly in the granny flat/studio or shed).

As we never seem to sit at the table, one persons life is squeezed from their chest if the try and sit in the chair next to the barbers chair, we have decided to move the table out. Freeing up some space to add a new sofa. We spent a lot of time in this room watching movies/tv on the computer..blogging to lovely blog friends..and playing the playstation anyhow, so why not be comfortable.

It will be our turn for Christmas this year also (apparently our oven will be fixed next week, but that's another story), the extra seating will also come in handy.

As it is quite close to our holiday, I may have to wait until we get back for the new sofa, but I am destashing and organising the space at the moment, and I think we still have some paint in the shed. A little at a time don't they say??

Here are a few shots of the before, tomorrow I will show you a few new elements for the room makeover. Have a lovely day!







6 comments:

Nelly said...

WHAT us blogging treasure hunting horaders need is to visit each other to help sort our spaces,Well thats what I need as i need help lol

oldflowers4me said...

love your world.

Unknown said...

I LOVE all your old plaster animals with chipped ears, who look like they've had interesting lives!! Good luck with your sorting xx

vintage mum said...

Did I spy a plaster kookaburra ?
I have a dog I found years ago you don't see them much now
Cate x

Hello Vintage said...

Ohhh, look at all those fun things you have there...

simmone said...

Oooh is that plaster/chalk ware.I love!!!My children have spent half of the holidays munching in bed in front of dvd players,I couldn't get rid of the table it might be the only time I'd see them.