Monday, July 12, 2010

A new day, a new way

Hello and welcome to my blog, A Treasured Past. My name is Tamara. I have been following a few lovely blogs over the past year and thought that I would share some of our lovely things with you. We are slowly renovating our 1920's home, so I will share photos from our kitchen renovations, our garden, our granny flat makeover and the kids room. I will add pictures of our vintage finds, home decorating projects and all things pretty.

I thought I would start with a little makeover of the dress makers dummy pictured in my blog header. I bought it at our local Tip shop for $10. I removed the vintage fabric and covered it with vintage sheet music that I have been collecting. It didn't have a stand so I found an old chair leg in our shed which fitted perfectly. I placed it in a vintage pascals bonbons tin, which I stuffed with foam and covered with more vintage paper, and added a vintage flower.



Thanks for stopping by, hope you can come back soon. T


2 comments:

Lucy - By the Hill said...

Welcome to blogland! I come by way Shabby Vintage Junk, the other Tamarah! Loving your blog and I'm going to follow you!

Lucy - By the Hill said...

You did a wonderful job on the dressform, forgot to mention.....